Insulator is the main component of line insulation, used to support or suspend the conductor to insulate it from the tower, to ensure that the line has reliable electrical insulation strength, to support or suspend the conductor, and to prevent flashover between the conductor and the tower, is the supporting conductor and insulate it from the tower, it is made of hard ceramics or Made of glass and plastic.
(1) Pin type insulators is mainly used for line voltage not exceeding 35kV, wire tension is not big straight pole or small angle pole tower. The advantage is that it is easy to manufacture and inexpensive, and the disadvantage is that it is low in lightning resistance and easy to flashover.
(2) Porcelain cross arm insulator has been widely used in 110 kV and below lines, it has many obvious advantages, such as: high insulation level; at the same time play a cross-bar and insulator role, can save a lot of steel, and raising the height of the tower hanging point can save the investment of the line 25%~30%.
(3) Suspension insulators. Overhead lines at 35kV and above are adopted. They are usually assembled into insulator strings, and the number of insulators per string is related to the rated voltage.
According to its manufacturing materials can be divided into porcelain insulator and toughened glass insulator; according to its metal attachment connection mode is divided into spherical and groove.
Related Industry Knowledge
- Prevention of Pillar Insulators
- Cable connector Box Connector class...
- The necessity of the insulator inno...
- Use of U-bolts
- Introduction to the disadvantages o...
- Cable connector Box General require...
- Detailed description of the arc angle
- Cleaning method of Insulators
- What is the role of Anti-Vibration ...
- Overview of optical cable Continuat...
- Preformed Suspension Clamp (CL, OC,...
- The Factors that Affecting Cable Price
- Lightning Arrester
- Glass insulator
- Tension clamp
- Preformed Fittings
- Line fittings
- Transformer Fittings